The struggle of feeling inspired and creating inspiring content is real!
It’s hard to admit, but for a few months now, I feel uninspired and out of the grid – with my Social Media, Blog, and general creativity. It’s like I wait for something to happen (but nothing happens when you do not make something happen!). And so I started neglecting it completely. Which was not a good move. Because I really used to love not just create content, but also my blog and Social Media channels. So today, when I strolled through my Pinterest feed I felt the urge to write a blog post, to take photos, and to create something with my own hands again. Isn’t that funny, how a few pictures nicely arranged in a feed can spark so much inspiration?!
But not just a nicely created Instagram feed or Pinterest board can help you get back into the creative route, even though it’s really easy to feel stimulated by them. Here are my top 5 tips for feeling inspired when you’re not inspired at all
- Read. And I mean almost everything, books, magazines, blog posts … you name it. Over the last weeks, I read so many books (novels, classics, fictions, textbooks), and it made me realize two things. First, every word has beauty and can touch you in a way a picture never could. And secondly, I spend less time in front of a screen- what is totally fine. I also plan on sharing the books I read of my blog, for everybody that seeks inspiration in words, such as I do.
- Go out for walks. It’s something about just walking around and observing the people and nature around you that energized the brain and lets ideas (and daydreams) flow. Plus, it’s an extra workout.
- Concentrate on your job, school, duties. Don’t force being creative! You really can’t do that. So, therefore, concentrate on your assignments. Because when you’re in a good spot at your daily workplace, you feel more relaxed and can take time out of the day for when your creativity strikes you.
- Connect with people you care for. Over the last few months, I spend a lot of time deepened the connection with old friends and my family. Meeting for dinner, or coffee and talking about everything and nothing in particular.
- Make lists with goals, tasks, and achievements. I can’t tell you enough how much I love lists- like actually, I LOVE them. (I even wrote a post about lists one time. Read it here if you like to). But writing down what you do not just need to do, but also what you want to do and achieve is a great way to keep your goals in mind and don’t lose sight of them.
Feeling inspired via Pinterest
Even though all these tips are great and helped my getting back to feeling inspired, the thing that sparked my creative fire was Pinterest. My one true Social Media love. And probably one of the most used apps on my iPhone. So I gathered my favorites to follow on Pinterest: for the maximum of beautiful images to inspire you.
I hope these ones inspire you as much as they inspire me. Also a little shameless self promotion, my Pinterest account Ilka Elise B x