Monday (it actually is already Tuesday) in December 2017. Now that we are in the final spurt for 2017 and Christmas coming along pretty quick, I wanted to share with you my top 3 tips on how to survive the festive season. So don’t stress out, I got you covered.
- Do your Christmas shopping early. This maybe is naturally for some. But there is nothing that causes more stress than you running around last minute looking for the perfect gift. So I suggest you make a list for every person you’re close to (the ones you’ll give a gift) on your phone and write down things over the year. This way you have more than enough ideas to choose from. Next, buy those gifts at the beginning of December or better mid-November. This way you can fully enjoy the festive season without stressing over gifts.
- Don’t let people stress you just because you don’t feel the spirit right away. It’s ok. You don’t need to listen to Michael Buble the day after Halloween. Christmas is the time, where it’s all about love, joy, and peace. So don’t let people force you to feel certain things. On the other hand, act out your marry self if you want to.
You can find more things that are totally ok here
- Be prepared. There are a lot of things to think about before Christmas – and the rest of the year. I’m a huge list lover, I have lists for almost everything you could imagine. But my December / post- Christmas list is by far the longest! If you’re usually not a big list maker, I highly suggest you make at least the following three lists.
– A list of all the Christmas gifts you need to buy
– A grocery list, so you don’t need to starve on December 24. or Christmas
– And most importantly. Your wishlist!!!
Some more things you may consider to survive the festive season
- Don’t embarrass yourself at the Christmas work party (pass on the punch & stay semi-professional)
- Don’t forget about your grocery shopping for the holidays (in Germany, stores are closed for the 25. and 27.)
- Pick and choose your Christmas activities early. So you won’t miss or forget anything.
- Send your Christmas cards out on time!
- Be realistic with your timelines and goals for the rest of the year.
- Have fun